Volunteers have long played a vital role in our work.
When you lend a hand at BUILD you make an important difference to the thousands of youth and families we serve each year!
Here are just some of the ways volunteers have contributed:
- Garden work, maintenance, and harvest
- Donation Drives: School supplies, Summer Books, Winter coats, College support, Holiday gifts
- Holiday Festival celebrations (including Halloween)
- After school homework help
- College essay review
- Special event support: donations, sponsorship
- Hosting and sponsoring field trips
- Neighborhood/block cleanups
- Youth sports support/coaching
- Office and youth space cleanup, organization, or painting
- Hosting workshops on special topics
- Collaborating on new youth enrichment programming
- Helping share and publicize events on social media
Interested in volunteering as an individual, or as a group?
Fill out a form to start the process. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch. We interview every prospective volunteer to determine the best fit, and all roles that involve close contact with youth will require fingerprinting and a background check, by law.
At BUILD, interns are a vital part of our team! For college-age students, we offer internships that provide a valuable experience in counseling, social work, education and youth development. Fill out this interest form and we will work on finding the most rewarding and suitable internship opportunity for you.